CeeLo Green says he is “alive and well” after a video surfaced online that appeared to show him being knocked out cold by an exploding cellphone. The “Forget You” singer said Saturday night that the video people had seen earlier in the day was a clip from a music video he was shooting. “Truthfully, I’m really upset that anybody had to be emotionally disturbed by what they saw today,” he said in a video posted to Facebook. “I’m OK. And I just want to thank everybody for their love and concern.” In that 40-second footage, Green can be seen sitting in a recording studio on his phone. Smoke starts pouring out of the device. Seconds later, a bright flash appears and Green is seen knocked out of his chair and onto the floor. Perhaps the first clue that the video was staged is that the room’s TV screens curiously start to flicker almost immediately after the explosion. The video camera watching the room also starts to go haywire. For several hours after the video first appeared online, it wasn’t clear whether Green was actually injured. MediaTakeOut, which branded the video as an “exclusive” around 11 a.m. Saturday, reported that the singer was “injured” in the blast but that writers hadn’t gotten in touch with his reps to find out just how “seriously.” At 9 p.m. ― 10 hours after the video was posted ― Green announced he’d use Facebook Live to address what happened. A number of his fans chalked it all up to a “publicity stunt.” However, these kind of scary incidents do happen to people. Samsung recently disabled its Galaxy Note7 smartphones following reports that they were spontaneously catching fire. E-cigarettes have also been known to catch fire and explode, injuring their users.